This old Tuscan farmhouse, which sits in the midst of its own private olive grove and lemon trees, has been beautifully restored by its owners, who have created a comfortable, informal yet stylish home. Despite having the appearance of being in the depth of the Tuscan countryside, Il Podere is just a stone’s throw away from the beautiful beach La Feniglia and the picturesque Porto Ercole. The property benefits from having a small private swimming pool.
in total seclusion nestled in the midst of its own substantial garden and olive grove yet just a short drive from the heart of Porto Ercole stands Il Podere. This old Tuscan farmhouse has been beautifully restored by its owners, who have created a comfortable, informal and yet stylish home for their extended family and friends.
As in most of the region’s farmhouses, Il Podere’s ground floor was once used as a stable, with the living quarters above it accessed via an outside staircase. The owners converted this lower level into a kitchen, an open plan dining room/sitting room with French windows opening onto a paved garden. The ground floor also contains a separate cloakroom and laundry.
The hallmark of the house is its unpretentiousness. Outside steps lead you up to a large, light and comfortably furnished sitting room on the first floor. A few steps lead you up to a large landing off which run two twin bedrooms and a bathroom. There is a single bed in the landing often used by the children of the family.
The second floor is also accessed by the same outside staircase. There is a spacious study, which leads to a private dressing room and master bedroom with en suite bathroom. The master bedroom enjoys lovely open views across the olive groves. From the study a few stairs up lead to an identical landing as on the first floor. Off this landing are two twin bedrooms and a bathroom. As with the landing on the first floor, there is also an extra bed for children if needed.
The property comprises
- Entrance/dining room
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Sitting room with large fireplace
- Laundry room
- Accessed by external an internal staircase
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Landing outside the bedrooms
- Steps up to a large landing with sofa bed
- Accessed only by external staircase
- Spacious study
- Master bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Steps up to a very large landing (bed for use by children)
- 2 twin bedrooms
- Covered pergola furnished with an extendable metal table and benches with comfortable cushions
- There is also a large divan under the pergola which sits 8 making it an easy place to have a dinner for up to 20 people
- Outside the living room there is a terrace with a sofa and chairs plus another dining area which seats 8
- Small swimming pool
- Large olive grove
Amenities at Il Podere
- Beach nearby
- Boat hire
- Maid service
- Swimming pool
- Scuba diving
- Local shopping
- Washing machine
This map is only an approximation of location
Siena 125km; Florence 190km